Catalyst Services UK Ltd, Delph Office are recruiting a skilled & experienced Property Claims Handler who specialises in subsidence claims, to join our customer focussed Claims Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist team.
Responsible for the daily management of Property Claims, ensuring that claims are always handled in line with service delivery and company client requirements. Ensuring client retention and service excellence, whilst building strong relationships with all stakeholders.
Responsible for making sure that.
- Technical decisions are undertaken accurately and effectively in respect of policy liability.
- Legislative and subsidence and drainage industry best practice and protocols are met.
- Quantum decisions and negotiations are concluded accurately.
- Full-time – 37.5 hours
- Proactively handle claims from claim notification through to settlement.
- Liaise with clients, policyholders, and contractors to gather information, provide updates and manage expectations to ensure a smooth customer journey.
- Ensure the prompt appointment of relevant network contractors to each claim.
- Provide complete and accurate information to contractors to enable them to respond in line with our requirements.
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding when liaising with policyholders.
- Deal with incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and other third parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Endeavour to constantly improve processes and procedures.
- Act as a contributing member of the team and undertake such other duties as reasonably required.
- Ensure all claims are handled within the appropriate timescales & in accordance with client KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Gather and process information to support the effective assessment of claims.
- Ensure any technical referrals required contain all relevant information and recommendations.
- Use knowledge to review and interpret site specific data, information, and images to make decisions on policy liability, approve estimates and scopes of work, repudiate claims, amend scopes of work and challenge contractors reports and estimates.
- Work with contractors to find the most effective solutions to practical property damage issues.
- Create accurate and presentable reports for submission to insurers for consideration of policy liability.
- Liaise with contractors in respect of best methods of scheduling and completing works on site.
- Update and maintain industry knowledge for practical application.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant regulation and legislation, including, but not limited to, Data Protection law, Health, and Safety legislation (CDM) and FCA regulations.
Catalyst specific training will be provided
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL
- Strong working knowledge of legislation, insurance industry best practice and protocols relating to subsidence, drainage investigations including repairs and property damage claims
- Experience in Site Investigations an advantage
- Handling of structural claims from cradle to grave a benefit
- Arborist / Experience in working with Arborists, Soil sample labs, Engineers, Surveyors, Contractors.
- Monitoring of Subsidence and other technical claims
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate, both verbal and written at all levels within the organisation
- A proactive self-starter and demonstrate a can-do attitude.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and schedules
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Cert CII qualified or equivalent is desirable.
- Capable of working under own initiative and without supervision
- Numerate and methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Honesty and Integrity
- Drive and Commitment
- Team Player
- Catalyst Academy Training
- Opportunity to progress and develop your skills
- Annual Salary review
- Performance based Bonus Scheme
- Smart casual dress code
- Social events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Work from home (Hybrid Model)
- Employee wellness
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employees must take reasonable care and be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and ensure that agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees and visitors.
Catalyst Service UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
All employees must observe the company’s policies and procedures.
All employees are required to attend company training as required from time to time.
We are a well-established, specialist, innovative company which is growing fast. We constantly require the right people to join our Catalyst family. We are an inclusive employer, with the wellbeing of our employees at the heart of everything we do. Come and join the Catalyst family and experience the difference.
- All work is conducted in adherence with Government Guidelines